Stupidity pays dividends
Resolution #6: I will do more stupid stuff that works and less stupid stuff that doesn't.
I still haven't finished going through the e-mail stack - nor, in fact, made significant inroads on it. I'm sending e-mails to a couple of professors (with apologies), but other than that my inbox is just as intimidating as ever.
"You have three HUNDRED new messages." Joy.
Nonetheless, the saga of pre-break stupidity (mine) and during-break stupidity (my computer's) is more or less at an end, if I can just find my *&@$ M3 assignment.
There's a bright spot, though: my vicious abuse of H during our last M3 meeting didn't scar him for life, and may in fact have borne fruit. He presented a problem today, and his solution was far more interesting than mine. His presentation was also far less nervous than his last one, and probably ranks up there as one of the nicest, concisest [it is so a word] ones we've gotten in the seminar so far.
Which means I've indirectly helped myself, because I can now take that as an example of a good expository balance and (hopefully) improve my own.
There's a lesson in here somewhere, but I don't think it's a good one.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home